Sunday, June 10, 2012

Help! I plugged in my Nike+ device and it shows "USB device not recognized" (PC)


Help! I plugged in my Nike fuelband/ sportband/ sportwatch GPS into my windows USB slot and it showed "USB device not recognized". What can I do?

Solution #1
1) Unplug your Nike+ device from your computer
2) Go to the start button
3) Click Run
4) Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and then click ‘Ok’
5) Scroll down to USB root hub
6) Select the USB port that your Nike+ device is using
7) Disable it
8) Plug in your Nike+ device
9) Enable it

Note: You can swap step 7 and 8 if it didn't work the first time.

Solution #2
1) Unplug your Nike+ device from your computer
2) Go to the start button
3) Click Run
4) Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and then click ‘Ok’
5) Select ‘Action’ Menu, click ‘scan for hardware changes’.

Windows will perform a quick registry scan for any new hardware changes. IF it still doesn’t work, try this:

Solution #3
1) Unplug your Nike+ device.
2) Restart your computer
3) Wait for 5 minutes
4) Plug in your USB device again.

This enables your motherboard to clear all of its cache.

Solution #4 - Worst Case Scenerio
Do a soft reset on your Nike+ device

20 comments:

  1. Wow It WORKS!!! THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tried all 3.. nada.. help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worked for us,
    Did the first option but disabled the port while
    Nike Plus still connected then plugged into a different USB port.

    ReplyDelete
  4. None worked both ststems Win 7 64bit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not worked...tried all..

    ReplyDelete
  6. depressing..still not working! which solution do you all choose?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The same for me and its not working at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. same problem, the SportWatch are dying one after another bad deal for the nike, it will lose all customers

    ReplyDelete
  9. not working. crappy gps sportwatch

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm having the same problems. My watch is not syncing with my PC. I followed all the instructions on site to restoring my device. Unsuccessfully.
    So I called to suport. You guys wont believe what they said me:
    We agree, the device, after past a year and stop to function, is disposable!!
    I feel so bad with this!!!
    I just need a decent suport.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found that my watch only works in the USB port it was in when I first installed the software and set up the watch

    ReplyDelete
  12. AFTER YOU HAVE TRIED ALL OF THE ABOVE LOOK for fine cracks/fishers around the usb head that connects to your computer.I believe this to be a design fault that Nike are sure to know about.I used the cable provided (NOT PUSHING THE WATCH DIRECTLY INTO THE COMPUTER)Cracks started appearing 6 months after running just 3 times a week on ave.Nike have a great running site and the watch is really accurate however I will not buy another until they admit or change the connectivity of the watch(wireless connection)would be great."NIKE IT'S TIME TO EXCHANGE THESE WATCHES THAT ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE AND CHANGE THE USB BUCKLE THAT WAS ALWAYS DESIGNED TO BREAK WITHIN 12 MONTHS"

    ReplyDelete
  13. not worked for me either and i tried all aforementioned options.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is outrageous! I am having the same problem and I must add that I just bought the heart rate monitor, so I am STUCK with an expensive useless watch! Nike has lost a client !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SAME PROBLEM... NIKE SUCKS BIG TIME..!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well - I am not a Nike Employee - Nike is actually very cool about this issue. I had bought my GPS during one of the early release cycles of the product. Good ol' Yellow and Black. What I learned from Nike was this was a problem that existed early on and I received zero fuss about it. They mailed one out to me within 10 days. They worked with me to manually enter in my runs that I couldn't download.

    I have my replacement watch and I don't have any issues. In fact, I haven't had that kind of customer services in years. I spoke with a guy named Larry. he looked up my serial number after walking through a few troubleshooting steps. The symptoms I had specifically matched the known issues.

    NIKE ROCKS!!! The backed up their product even after the warranty period expired.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tried all the above..nothing. Still waitng for nike to get back to me after trying everthing they said, stil nothing. I feel as if I'm about to retire the £179.00 gift from my wife, that I have only used about 40 times.

    ReplyDelete