Friday, June 22, 2012

Help! I am getting error #52 when syncing


Question: I got a message that says error #52 when I plug in my Nike Fuelband into my computer today. I can't sync my data anymore after that.

Solution:

We have a couple troubleshooting steps to get you on track.
1) Please press Quit and unplug
2) Replug the Fuelband into the same USB port. If Connect opens normally, then we have success. If not, please try 2 more times.
3) If same message appears, press Quit.
4) Then, please try inserting the FuelBand into a different USB port that is NOT connected to a USB hub.
5) If you are still seeing the error, we recommend trying another computer.

Solution from Hoezaay

1.First : Make sure you’re not using a USB port that’s part of a hub.
2.Hold the button on the Fuel Band down and then plug it into your computer. The first picture above should pop up.
3.DO NOT hit update.Do Not hit Exit. Unplug your FuelBand. ( did this TWICE )
4.Plug in your fuelband again. The first picture above should pop up again. If it doesn’t, start from step 2 again.
5.Now hit Update and cross your fingers.
6.If you see the progress bar on the firmware update go back and forth a few times then you know it’s working.
7.Your Fuelband should light up at the end of this.
8.To be safe , get into the Nike Connect app and do a Factory RESET.

If it doesn’t work , don’t give up , try again. At least we know it’s not a hard brick.


Solution from Trisha Kernan

OK for those of you that have called Nike for a 52.11 error, you are told to use another computer if that computer is a Windows OS Running a 64 bit system STOP!!! don't do it!! you will get he same error, once that error occurs it cannot be cleared without a mod to the registry! So, this is how you can fix the problem, first when you go to another computer if its a Windows 64 bit system you have to download the Nike+ connect installer to a location on you computer where you can find that file, I suggest the Desktop...

once down loaded Right click on that file select run in compatibility mode by putting a check in the box use the pull down to select Windows 7, select apply and ok

then install Nike+ Connect.. That's it why does this work you ask? Bad programming!!!

Dealing with a 64 bit OS and a 32 bit application.

One note once this occurs on a PC I have not been successful in uninstalling the SW, clearing the Reg keys and removing the Temp install files!!! I am still working on that issue. If I can figure that out then there is no need to go to another PC.

One last note: I wrote this procedure on Christmas Day my mandatory over time day.

A family of 5 all bought the FuelBand SE's all had an issue, they talked to someone prior to me and was told to ship all 5 FuelBand's needed to be shipped back to Nike.
I refused to allow someone Christmas be ruined as mine was... And yes I was written up for creating, Writing, implementing, and solving a problem 2 months ago. that would have save this Company money and a big black eye.